Social media marketing is a concept that people use to promote their businesses on social media platforms by connecting with people on social media. Social media marketing requires both strategy and creativity.
Digital consumers spend a lot of their valuable time on social media so businesses have a chance to reach their targeted customers through their products and services, which is one of the reasons why digital marketing is so successful in today’s date.
Traditional mediums of marketing, such as radio, television commercials and print ads were very costly. But now, with the help of social media, businesses can promote their products and services at a low marketing cost.
Whether it is a big MNC or a small business, all businesses can reach a larger group of people by interesting social media contents and posts on numerous social media platforms. With the correct strategy, businesses can be very successful in a short period.
In today’s date, 73% of marketers agree that the use of social media strategy for their business has been proven effective. Around 2 million businesses use social media advertising to promote their products and services.
Many businesses take the help of social media marketing agencies to grow their business, as they don’t have the time or expertise to carry out promotions and campaigns. Such agencies set up the client’s social media marketing accounts and run the advertising campaigns on their behalf. A recent survey shows that over one-quarter of businesses use social media marketing agencies to help with their social media marketing.
Social media marketing agencies provide valuable expertise and manpower to boost a business. Such agencies create social media content out of existing content such as blog posts, videos and events. They add caption, links and upload videos that determine what will get boosted and how through advertising and other methods.
Social media marketing is having an enormous impact on businesses as business performance and growth are taking place at a tremendous rate. Social media platforms help to develop business tactics.
For example, platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. helps businesses to grow their brand image and grab the attention of customers at the same time.
It is easier to adapt to the preferences of the audience and the latest trends through social media. Social media marketing helps a brand or business to build a strong and reliable online presence through innovative marketing strategies.
Advantages of social media marketing include:
- Brand Awareness: Businesses can increase brand awareness by building the company image among customers.
- Increased Sales: Advertising through social media can reach more customers and turn potential customers into actual customers.
- Improved Customer Insights: By allowing customers to share their insights, businesses can obtain a better understanding of their customers. Social media marketing allows them to know about the opinions of potential customers and helps to create a network with them as well.
- Connect with current customers: The use of social media allows businesses to answer the queries and concerns of their customers regarding the business almost instantly
- Cost-effective: If the business is has a fixed marketing budget, social media marketing is the easiest and the most cost-efficient way of promoting the business.
Some of the most popular social media platforms for business promotions and developments include:
- Facebook: It is a popular free social media platform where people can create their profiles, upload pictures and videos, connect with others and communicate with them. Facebook pages can be created to promote brands, products and services. Facebook has approximately 2.07 billion active Facebook users monthly.
- Instagram: It is a flourishing social networking site where users can promote their business. Instagram has over 800 billion active users monthly. Many brands use Instagram to promote their products and to reach their audience.
- Twitter: It is a well known social media platform where users can post short messages called tweets. Twitter has around 330 million active users.
- LinkedIn: It is a social networking website that is planned for professionals, managers, the business community, etc. This site allows users to connect and build a trusted professional network. LinkedIn has approximately 467 million users.
To know whether a social media campaign is successful or not, a business has to measure its effectiveness. As you build up a campaign, plan the end goal of your campaign and this will help you get the results you are looking for.
For example, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have a few common metrics for social media campaigns such as reach, page likes, impressions, engagement and site traffic.
Businesses may want to run their campaigns on certain channels based on the end goal of their campaign and it may be important to keep track of certain metrics only. Although tracking the engagement rate, average comments, reach and shares may not help the business to fully understand the effectiveness of its campaign.
5 steps to easily measure the impact of social media campaign are:
- Determine social media campaign goals.
- Create metrics to measure these goals.
- Measure the metrics.
- Monitor and report.
- Adjust and repeat.
Tools to measure social media engagement include:
- Google analytics
- Facebook insights
- Twitter insights
If a business is participating in social media marketing, it needs to understand how it is doing. Is their content having the impact they expect it to have? Are they meeting their business goals through social media platforms? This is why monitoring their social media marketing activities is important. They need authentic and compatible analytics that help s in tracking their impact on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
In conclusion, a high percentage, around 90% of marketers state that social media marketing has a tremendous effect on their business. Therefore social media marketing became an important part of every social media marketing strategy. The positive impact of social media marketing is so prominent that businesses will miss out on an outstanding opportunity to build up their business if they fail to implement it.
Social media Marketing is prone to constant innovation, and you have to update yourself all the time. It is hard, but if you can harness social media's infinite potential, you are bound to succeed in...